Preparing for a safe return to campus
SBCCD is planning for a safe return to campus on August 1/Fall 2021. We are preparing for classroom and workplace safety in compliance with Cal/OSHA requirements and with common-sense public health policies in place, such as required masking.
Timeline (Draft and subject to change):
- April 22: The SBCCD Safe Reopening Plan task force will meet via Zoom from 8 to 9 a.m. on Thursday, April 22, to discuss progress and next steps in developing the plan.
- April 29: The VPASs and Director of Facilities will present the draft SBCCD Safe Reopening Plan to the Board of Trustees at their information session via Zoom at noon on Thursday, April 29.
- May 6: The SBCCD Safe Reopening Plan must be completed by 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 6, to be included in the May 13 Board of Trustees meeting agenda.
- May 13: SBCCD Board of Trustees meets to review and consider the final SBCCD Safe Reopening Plan.
- May 14 to July 31: SBCCD, Crafton Hills College, and San Bernardino Valley College prepare for a safe return to campus. The Summer term will continue with distance learning and remote working.
- August 1: SBCCD, Crafton Hills College, and San Bernardino Valley College reopens while following Cal/OSHA safety requirements, accomodating flexible work schedules, and monitoring COVID-19 community health conditions. Fall courses start on August 16.
SBCCD Safe Reopening Plan Task Force:
- Jose F. Torres, Interim Chancellor, SBCCD
- Dr. Kevin Horan, President, Crafton Hills College
- Diana Z. Rodriguez, President, San Bernardino Valley College
- Stephanie Babino, SBCCD Police Officers Association President
- Brandi Bailes, Academic Senate President, CHC
- Davena Burns-Peters, Academic Senate President, SBVC
- Dr. Jim Buysse, Interim Vice Chancellor of Business & Fiscal Services, SBCCD
- Farrah Farzaneh, Director of Facilities Planning, Emergency Management & Construction, SBCCD
- John Feist, Classified Senate President, SBVC
- Kristina Hannon, Vice Chancellor of Human Resources and Police Services, SBCCD
- Dr. Dina Humble, Vice President of Instruction, SBVC
- Alvin Jackson, Police Chief, SBCCD
- Herberth “Alex” Jaco, Classified Senate President, CHC
- Meridyth McLaren, SBCCDTA President, CHC
- Joe Opris, Human Resources Manager, SBCCD
- Angel Rodriguez, Senior Director of Marketing, Public Affairs & Government Relations, SBCCD
- Dr. Delmy Spencer, Vice President of Student Services, CHC
- Scott Stark, Vice President of Administrative Services, SBVC
- Michael Strong, Vice President of Administrative Services, CHC
- Dr. Scott Thayer, Vice President of Student Services, SBVC
- Cassandra Thomas, CSEA President, SBVC
- Dr. Keith Wurtz, Vice President of Instruction, CHC