Citizens Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC)
Proposition 39 Bond Election
On November 6, 2018, voters residing within the San Bernardino Community College District passed Measure CC. Measure CC is a $470 million bond measure that authorizes funding for needed repairs, upgrades, and new construction projects to college facilities located within the District. Proposition M was a similar bond measure approved by District voters in 2008. For more information about Measure CC, please click here.
Establishment of a Citizens’ Oversight Committee
The independent CBOC for the implementation of SBCCD’s Proposition M and Measure CC college facilities bond program is currently fully staffed, however, interested individuals seeking to serve may complete an application which will be held until a vacancy occurs. Completed applications should be sent to Erika Menge via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail to SBCCD District Support Services, 550 E. Hospitality Lane, Suite 200 San Bernardino, CA 92408. If you have questions, please call 909-388-6909.
In accordance with Education Code Section 15278(b), the Committee shall perform the following tasks. The Bylaws which govern the Committee can be obtained online at sbccd.edu/bfs/cboc-bylaws or by calling 909-388-6909.
Inform the public concerning the District's expenditure of Proposition M and Measure CC bond proceeds;
Review expenditure reports produced by the District to ensure that Proposition M and Measure CC bond proceeds were expended only for the purposes set forth in Proposition M and Measure CC; and
Present to the Board in public session, an annual written report outlining the Committee's activities and conclusions regarding the expenditure of Proposition M and Measure CC bond proceeds.
Not pictured: Kristin Washington, Member at Large
- Betsy Starbuck, Member Representing a Bona-Fide Taxpayer Organization
- Evelyn Olive, Member Representing Students
- David Raley, Member Representing a Foundation
- Frankie Jimenez, Member Representing a Local Business Organization
- Don Averill, Member Representing Senior Citizens
- Jim Mulvihill, Member at Large
- Kristin Washington, Member at Large
Contact the CBOC:
- CBOC Membership Application - 2021
- Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee By-Laws Amended & Restated
- 2020-2021 Audit Report - Measure M / Measure CC
- Meeting Agendas/Minutes
- 2020-2021 CBOC Annual Report
For past reports, see Reports to the Community.