Institutional Effectiveness Advisory Committee (IEAC)
The Institutional Effectiveness Advisory Committee (IEAC) aids in the districtwide integration of institutional planning that will incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion into resource allocation, program review, and the technology strategic plan.
- Support the colleges' Institutional Effectiveness processes
- Be a resource and support the accreditation processes at the colleges and ensure related accreditation district entities (e.g., HR, Business Services, TESS) are meeting accreditation requirements.
- Recommend institutional priorities for inclusion into [the District] integrated planning and resource allocation.
- Ensure the colleges' Educational Master Plans inform the development of the DSO Strategic Plan.
- Develop and monitor implementation of the DSO Strategic Plan, ensuring that the District Strategic Plans (i.e., HR and TESS) align with the DSO Plan.
- Monitor the development of mechanisms to assess progress on major district plans (i.e., HR and TESS) and providing an annual report that can be used in the formulation of recommendations to Chancellor’s Council.
- Facilitate communications and resource-sharing across District and Colleges in order to better meet institutional research and planning needs.
- Develop mechanisms (e.g., self-surveys and rubrics) to assess effectiveness of district-level committees.
- Disseminate information and make recommendations to Chancellor’s Council as appropriate.
- Provide a status report for institutional plans to the Chancellor’s Council.
- Reviewing the recommendations of the IEAC subcommittees (Academic Calendar Subcommittee, TESS Subcommittees, DSO Planning & Program Review Subcommittee, etc). and move them forward to Chancellor’s Council as appropriate.
2022 - 23 GOALS
1. Administer a District data accessibility survey.
2. Request an update on the common application.
3. Track the development of the Educational Master Plans.
4. Create a crosswalk that will unify the EMPs, DSO Support Plan, and the Board Strategic Plan.
5. Modify the committee evaluation survey to assess the effectiveness of SBCCD’s governance structure and make recommendations for the upcoming cycle.
6. Receive updates on SBCCD’s Strategic Goals and Objectives and all subcommittees directly reporting to IEAC.
7. Collaborate with subcommittees to be a resource to support their efforts and move recommendations as appropriate.
8. The IEAC will work to facilitate the development of a shared district-wide definition of DEIA and make this information prominent on the district website.