Institutional Effectiveness Advisory Committee
The Institutional Effectiveness Advisory Committee (IEAC) aids in the districtwide integration of institutional planning, resource allocation, program review and the technology strategic plan. We support student success by:
- Supporting the colleges' Institutional Effectiveness processes.
- Supporting the accreditation processes at the colleges and ensuring that the related accreditation district entities (e.g., HR, Business Services, TESS) are meeting accreditation requirements.
- Providing program review support by reviewing program assessment results in light of District Support Operations (DSO) strategic goals to recommend institutional priorities for inclusion into integrated planning and resource allocation.
- Ensuring that the colleges Educational Master Plans inform the development of the DSO Strategic Plan.
- Developing and monitoring implementation of the DSO Strategic Plan, ensuring that the District Strategic Plans (i.e., HR and TESS) align with the DSO Plan.
- Ensuring the development of mechanisms to assess progress on major district plans (i.e., HR and TESS) and providing an annual report that can be used in the formulation of recommendations to Chancellor’s Council.
- Facilitating communications and resource-sharing across District and Colleges in order to better meet institutional research and planning needs.
- Developing mechanisms (e.g., self-surveys and rubrics) to assess effectiveness of district-level committees and make recommendations to Chancellor’s Council.
- Participating in deliberations related to the development of the annual academic calendar.
The IEAC is chaired by the Vice Chancellor of Education Services (proxy Interim Director of Research, Planning, and Institutional Effectiveness). The membership consists of:
- Tri-Chair (administrative) Vice Chancellor of Education Services
- Tri-Chair (faculty) elected by the committee from the committee
- Tri-Chair (classified) elected by the committee from the committee
- 1 Confidential Group Representative
- 1 Human Resources Representative
- Chief Technology Officer
- Dean/Director of RPIE from Colleges and District
- Academic Senate President or designee, CHC and SBVC
- 1 PDC representative from each college
- 1 CTA Representative
- 1 Classified Senate representative from each college
- 1 CSEA representative from each college
- 1 Student representative from each college
- Accreditation Liaison Officer from each college
- Accreditation Committee Chair from each college
- 1 Black Faculty & Staff Association representative
- 1 Latino Faculty & Staff Association representative
Fourth Thursday of the month from 10:00 - 11:30am. Committee is dark in June and July.