Board of Trustees Legislative Committee
Board members: Trustee Frank Reyes (chair), Trustee Anne Viricel, and Trustee John Longville
- To develop and enhance relationships with legislators and legislative groups that represent the communities served by the district.
- To advocate for legislative change that can positively impact SBCCD and its mission to serve students.
- To examine proposed legislation and determine what legislation should be supported through Board resolutions.
Board Of Trustees Finance Committee
Board Members: Gloria Macías Harrison (Chair), Dr. Anne L. Viricel, Dr. Donald L. Singer
The SBCCD Board of Trustees Finance Committee exists as a standing, advisory committee comprised of less than a quorum of Board members and is subject to the California Public Meetings Brown Act. The committee is charged with:
- Increasing the efficiency of the Board of Trustees by performing time-consuming research on its behalf.
- Improving clarity by providing a platform for detailed questions not conducive to the flow of monthly business meetings.
- Promoting transparency of the SBCCD budgeting process and fiscal matters through detailed discussion of these topics in an open forum.
- Fostering an environment of understanding by communicating findings and formulating final recommendations to the Board of Trustees.
- Increasing the efficiency of the Board of Trustees by performing time-consuming research on its behalf regarding the implementation and operation of bond measures.