The San Bernardino Community College District maintains a Police Department 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for protection of the members of the entire college community and the property of the District. The District Police promote safety on all District property and respond to emergency calls for service generated from the college campuses.
In the event of an emergency a campus alert will be generated to all students, staff, and faculty. Campus alerts are reports of incidents on the campus that could potentially affect the larger college community; (i.e. a serious crime, threat, emergency or natural disaster). All staff and students are asked to be aware of such incidents when they occur.
Emergency Notification System
- SBCCD has implemented the Regrouop Emergency Notification System. This system uses information in WebAdvisor to update its database. Notification can be in the form of:
- Voice messages to home or cell phones
- Text messages to cell phones
- Written messages to email
Students and staff may log into WebAdvisor to verify and/or update contact information for how to be notified in case of an emergency. Click on Valley College to receive notifications pertaining to the campus, or Crafton Hills to receive notifications for this campus. If you work or attend class at both locations it is highly recommended you update your information for both campuses. For steps on how to login and update your information, click here.
Emergencies can occur at any time with little or no warning. The safety of each student, employee and visitor depends on how well individuals are trained and respond during an emergency. The SBCCD Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) provides information on emergency and disaster response for SBCCD.
Emergency Flipcharts are available at all district locations, and are located in all buildings and rooms on campus. Flipcharts give instructions on what to do during particular emergencies. You may also view the information at the link provided below.
- District Office Flipchart
- SBVC Emergency Flipchart
- CHC Emergency Flipchart
- SBCCD Redlands Annex Flipchart
In the event of an emergency evacuation may be necessary. Click the link below to view the evacuation map for your area. It is a good idea to be familiar with several evacuation areas on your campus.
- SBVC Emergency Evacuation Map
- CHC Emergency Evacuation Map
- Annex Emergency Evacuation Map
- District Office & Professional Development Center Emergency Evacuation Map
- ATTC Emergency Evacuation Map
- EDCT - Airport Building Evacuation Map
- District Office/PDC/ATTC Emergency Assembly Area Map
Preparation is key to remaining calm in an emergency. We cannot plan when an emergency will occur, or where we will be at that time, but we can make a difference by developing a plan with family or friends, and having the necessary supplies at hand.
- FEMA Emergency Supply List
- FEMA Commuter Emergency Plan
- FEMA Family Communication Plan
- FEMA Prepare for Emergencies Now: Information to Get Ready
- FEMA Prepare for Emergencies Now: Information for Older Americans
- FEMA Prepare for Emergencies Now: Information for People with Disabilities
- FEMA Prepare for Emergencies Now: Information for Pet Owners